Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day




Hello family and friends.  Happy Mother's Day again!  It was good to see you on Skype yesterday!  You're all looking good!  Thanks to the letter from Dad this week.  Thanks to all those of you that shot me emails this past week.
 
So this week was kinda interesting.  I think the best thing to say that would sum up my week would be to say: We didn't get inside a house and have a lesson until Friday.  We found new people we could teach in the near future, but no new investigators.  It was one of the tougher weeks of my mission so far. 
 
If there was one thing I got out of this week, it would be this:  I am starting to internalize what "success as a missionary" means.  During this week, even though it was pretty tough, I didn't feel like I was going through one of the tougher weeks of my mission.  From Elder Smith, I have learned the power of a positive perspective.  Not so much because he helps me snap out of it when I hang my head, but more because I have realized how much easier everything is when we laugh all the time.
 
I think I described the situation a bit regarding Jaime last week.  We haven't gotten anywhere on that front.  All he needs now is a baptismal interview as soon as we find out if he already has records.  
 
Elvia came to church!!!  She loved it and was saying hi to everybody that looked at her.  It was awesome!  We have her baptismal date set for June 2! (Happy Birthday, Mom).
 
We were also able to have another lesson with Carlos and Fatima this week.  They have such good questions!  And we teach in English so we are definitely able to be on the same page.  We had dinner and a lesson that kinda jumped around based on their questions.  Carlos is definitely closer than Fatima right now.  I think I mentioned that Carlos went to the Sunday sessions of conference last month.  I think his main obstacle will be stopping to drink.  He works as a trainer, so hopefully it won't be too difficult.  He already recognizes it's bad, he just likes to party.
 
And that summarized every single lesson I had this week.  Haha, ya this next week will be better.  We are currently "on hold" with everybody else.  It'll all fit together this upcoming week.
 
Love you all!  Go read the Book of Mormon for 10 minutes if you haven't already today.
 
Elder Christensen

p.s. I just got this email from my last companion, Elder Bennett, giving me an update on my last area, Bel 2 North:

"...we passed Jeaneth off to the South elders. She's doing well! She came to church yesterday with her mom. We ate with them this past and they're doing well! As far as I know, they haven't gotten her abuela's info yet.

Ok, so Armando. To be honest, we dropped him. Not like we're never going by again, we'll go by every once in a while, but he's already told us they're nothing we can do to help him. He's trying to buy a car, which is great because then they can come to church again! They're doing well overall though! We've started teaching Fernanda, the friend of Hna. Nunez's that lives in the same apartment complex, but in number 14. That will be a good way to keep in contact with Armando! Hna. Nunez told us she had thought about calling Hna. Rosales to come and get her so she could go to church, so hopefully that happens!

We passed of Jaime to the ZL's, and he came to church 2 Sundays in a row after that. We've honestly dropped like everyone since you left, but it's all good because we've got some cool new investigators!!!

Ok, so here's the best part of this e-mail! Raul and Rosy are getting married the 25th of this month!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And they'll be getting baptized the weekend after that!!!! You need to be at both elder!!!!! They asked me to tell you about it!!! So we'll see you there!!!..."

Thought you'd like to know this stuff,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment