Monday, June 17, 2013

"...felt a little like Moses this week..."

Hello family and friends.  As always, thank you to everybody that sent me emails.  I'm a little short on time today, so sorry to those I was not able to respond to.

It's been an interesting week this week.  Felt a little like Moses this week.  When he went up to the mountain, he saw God face to face.  He saw and comprehended his power.  Last week, we saw God's power.  It was undeniable.  After Moses' vision, Satan came and tried to ruin everything good that had just happened.  Well this week was definitely a tough one.  I feel like we were definitely being tested this week.  We had lessons drop all over the place.  It was insane.  Numbers wise, it was like we were starting the area all over again.  It was just weird.

So updates and some of the stress we were going through: Cristina got confirmed (after showing up 15 min late), Elvia went out of town last minute, Raul and Rosy got confirmed (and I had a huge sugar drop right in the middle of the blessing).

This next week is looking a lot better.  We already have a few lessons set with some people we want to pick up. 

This week is the last week of the transfers, so hold off on mail to the Mariposa address for now.  I personally feel like I'm staying, but you know how it goes: anything can happen.

Sorry, time's a little short this week.  This next week will be a lot better.

Highlight of the week: Bishop in Bel 2 said, "Raul and Rosy, you are now officially members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Congratulations."  Temple in one year!

Love you all!

Elder Christensen

Additional comments...We asked Tanner in our letter if he ended up being able to golf as planned last P-day, and this was his response:

"YESSSS!!! And the place was a total dump. It only cost $5, and that's about what it was worth, BUT I LOVED IT! I played pretty bad, but every time I hit a bad shot, I thought, 'I'M GOLFING!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment