Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm Staying!!!

Hello family and friends. For the next 6 weeks, I will be STAYING!!!  AND, I will be staying with Elder Smith as well.  We have already been together for 3 months.  The time has been flying.  And, I have also been made district leader in Fletcher.  I have no idea what I'm doing or what President saw, but we'll see how that goes.  Family and friends that know what to do with all that, help please?  I'm super excited that I'm staying.
 
So this week was another kind of slow one.  And my time is a little short today.  Sorry.  After that amazing week with all our baptisms, our stuff has kinda been falling apart.  So we're currently in the rebuilding phase.
 
I hope that all of you had a chance to watch that leadership broadcast yesterday.  The whole time I was thinking, "Holy cow, I hope everybody is watching this!"  The hastening of the work is happening.  I'm pretty sure there's no arguing it.  In D&C 88, it talks about hastening the work around verse 75ish.  It's kinda nuts to see what's coming after the work is hastened.
 
For this week, I'm not really sure what to talk about.  We didn't have much happen.  With transfers, one of our zone leaders is now just serving as one of our district members in our ward.  So we basically have 3 zone leader quality missionaries in our ward now.  There's tons of potential here, we just need to get it going.
 
After the broadcast yesterday, President Becerra shared a few thoughts.  We opened up Luke 5; and applying what we read there, we are now, "launching out into the deep."  Going into new places where we aren't comfortable.  And the haul will be huge.  We are now working on hastening ourselves as the Lord is hastening His work.
 
Thank you for all your prayers.  I WILL be having some sweet stories to share this week.  One quick story.  Raul and Rosy went and did baptisms for the dead this past week without the missionaries committing them to do it.  They are amazing!
 
Love you all,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment