Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 62 in California

(Monday, February 10, 2014)

This week was pretty cool.  First off, when I got on Facebook this week to check up on some investigators, the first thing that comes up is a picture of the complete Martin family. So glad that Cam made it home!

This week, we had 2 baptisms.  I forgot my camera, but I have pictures.  Margarita and her son, Roger, got baptized.  Roger (11) shared his feelings after being baptized.  He said he felt "protected in Christ's arms", "filled up with the Spirit", "excited for his new life."  It was so so cool!  Margarita didn't end up sharing her testimony because as she was listening to Roger, she was getting a little misty, and didn't want to cry in front of everyone.  Ni modo... It was a really cool baptism.  There was a lot of junk that almost got in the way, but it still happened.

Many of the other baptismal dates that we had have kinda slipped off a little.  Number-wise, this last week was a little rough.  But then Saturday and Sunday we got everything pulled back together to meet standards again.

Between Saturday and Sunday, we found 7 new investigators.  One whole family of 5, the mother of a family of 4, and this super funny old guy named Jesus.  They are all super cool.  Jesus came to church the day after our first lesson.  He's 87 and he went the 45 minute bus ride to get there.  So next time someone says it's hard for them to get to church, they'll be hearing about that guy.

It's taking a bit to get used to the iPads.  I think planning is faster and easier to coordinate on paper, but the iPads help us be much more thorough.  I'll be leading a training session tomorrow with another sister missionary and in attendance will be Elder David Evans and Steve Allen.  I'll tell them to say "hi" for me.   

Thanks for all the love.
Elder Christensen

PS  HUGE thank you for the package of food!  The Milanos were definitely my favorite.  I'm trying to make them last, but I still have some Christmas candy, so it's not too hard to spread it out.


NOTE from MOM...

I'm pretty sure Tanner's favorite food in the package was the Milanos because that is the only sugar item I sent him. :)  In an effort to help him with his headaches, I sent him a "protein package" full of items he can throw in his backpack to eat in between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment