Tuesday, March 4, 2014

4 of the 6 Most Dangerous Areas

Hello friends and family.  So we had transfers this week, and I got...transferred.  Kinda bummed about it, but it looks like this will be a transfer full of growth. I have been transferred to the entirely opposite side of the mission in Pomona, or Dirty Pomona (DP) as it is known in our mission. It is said among missionaries, "Pomona is a sunny place for shady people."  I think that goes for most of my areas.  With this area, I have now served in 4 of the 6 most dangerous areas of the mission, so that's cool.  My companion is Elder Trauntvein and I am still serving as a zone leader.  Elder Trauntvein and I were in the same zone in the MTC and he was in my first district for 4 months, so we already know each other pretty well.  I'm excited to see what we are going to be able to do.

My last week in Arroyo was really cool.  We had a baptism!  Her name is Evelin.  Her records were lost somehow, but she had to become active again to be baptized.  Her husband is a convert of 1 year and he received the Aaronic Priesthood to be able to baptize her.  She wanted a private baptism, so we had her mom, dad, husband, the ward mission leader, the bishop and his wife, and us missionaries that worked with her.  It was one of the more powerful baptisms I've been to.

Elder Blanchard is now at home in Orem.  We'll definitely be staying in touch.  I learned a ton from him.

Here in Pomona, the entire district hasn't baptized since the beginning of January.  Pomona is historically the strongest part of the zone, but the other wards that are historically not as strong are doing very well.  I feel like something amazing is about to happen here.  Every companionship in the district had some kind of change, there's a new district leader, we're all stoked.

The area is very, very different from what I'm used to.  This is the first time in my mission I haven't been within about 5 miles of downtown LA.  This place is very residential and there aren't many people on the street.  It's going to be interesting.

Love you all so much, and thanks to the Jakins for the package!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment