Monday, August 5, 2013

A Week Packed Full of Awesomeness!

Alrighty.  This week has been nuts.  This email will be short, but jam-packed full of awesomeness.  Let's get started.  Mom, HUGE thank you for the package!  Love the talks.  Thanks for those constant reminders of the ones that care back home.  Thank you to Dad for the awesome letters of advice.
 
HUGE congrats to Gioia Reni on her mission call to Italy Milan.  Hope to be hearing good things from you really soon.
 
Transfers:  I am STAYING!!  Elder Smith is gone.  That was really tough.  We have been together for 4 months (1/6 of a mission).  Kinda crazy when we thought about it like that.  His new companion is super super awesome.  He's a former zone leader and they are in an area that was started 2.5 months ago.  Elder Smith has been in really new areas his whole mission.  We had soooo much fun together. 
 
Companion:  I don't know who my companion is because....wait for it...I'M TRAINING!!  Ya Woo!  Super stoked about that.  The last time I trained was when I was with Elder Flores 7.5 months ago.  And in that case it only lasted for 2 weeks.  I'll pick him up tomorrow.
 
Baptisms:  Jaime DID get baptized!!  It was so fantastic.  It technically doesn't count as a baptism as far as the numbers we report, but we are very very excited about it.  When Elder Smith and I started this area, he was the ONLY guy that we would be able to have steady appointments with. 
 
AND...that's right...AND, Armando got married and baptized yesterday!  I was able to go and he was so happy.  Elder Flores baptized him.  Elder Flores has been in that same ward ever since I left.  He was there for almost 10 months.  Huge blessing there.  I feel like most of the loose ends from my Bel 2 days are all tied up now.
 
Area:  Garcias were super busy this week.  They are all still back and forth with what's going on with their whole situation.  Remember two months ago when I said that I had the best week of my mission with all those baptisms?  Well this past week was the second-best week.  On top of everything I have already shared, we were able to find 11 new people to teach this week.  That is by far the highest we have ever found in a week.  Hoping for some really good stuff out of this batch.
 
Love you all so much.  This was one of those weeks where everything just worked out.  Thanks for the love and prayers.  I send them all right back at ya.
 
Thanks again,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment