Monday, August 12, 2013

All With Patience and Time

Hello friends and family.  So last week I told you all that I was going to be training!  Truth!  So this week, I got Elder Marchan.  He is from Guerrero Mexico.  He is 21.  He worked insane hours as a construction worker in Texas right before coming out.
  
I'm missing Elder Smith a lot.  I didn't realize before how much I fed off of him.  He was always on it, and I'm having a bit of a hard time adjusting.  All with patience and time, right?
 
As a district (this is a cool one) in the past 2 weeks, we have found 41 new investigators.  September and October are going to be awesome for all of us.  In August, we might be able to squeeze in the Garcia's depending on her health, but it looks like September at the latest for them. We still have a lot of people that we aren't really sure what they are going to end up being.  It's kind of cool and terrifying all the same time.  We have all these people, and they could either tank or take off.  It'll be interesting.
 
Learned a lot about patience this week.  I've been thinking a lot about my trainer, Elder Flores, this week.  Being on the side of trainer is definitiely a different one than trainee.  I find myself asking, "what would Flores do?" a lot.  He was so perfect for me.  Just what I needed.  Actually, I think all my companions have been like that, so we'll see what Elder Marchan and I have waiting for us.  Looks like it will all work out well.
 
Love you all, sorry for the shortness.
Elder Christensen

p.s.  Just for you, Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment