Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 83 -- It's a Boy!

Hello family and friends!  With this being transfer day, I have to keep this a little short.  So, transfers.  Elder Vasquez is now a district leader on the other side of the mission. My new companion is...wait for it...I don't know yet. Why? Because I'm TRAINING!!! I'm so excited to be training again. By the way, did I mention that Elder Marchan (my last trainee) is a district leader right now? He's on the other side of the mission, so I don't get to see him very much, but he will be starting his 2nd transfer as a district leader. Everything is going sweet.

I met President Villanueva.  He is so cool!  He saw me, read my name tag and gave me a massive hug.  He said that dad made them feel like they were at home there at the MTC.  We'll have a few more chances to talk with him this week.  By the way, the farewell thing (with the outgoing missionaries) that they had yesterday was pretty bad, so the future of farewells for outgoing missionaries is in danger. (Sorry mom and dad...I'll keep you posted.)

So now this week:

Santiago had a rough week this week. We hope that we can help him bounce back.  He hasn't been to church in 4 weeks now.  We are officially worried.

Nancy is still doing well.  Unfortunately, she will be taking a trip to Mexico when we had her baptism planned. So we'll need to push that back.  Did I already tell you that? Sorry, everything is blending together a bit.

The 4th of July was pretty cool, but unfortunately nobody wanted to talk. There were lots of illegal fireworks.

Oh, cool story of the week.  This happened on exchanges so I don't have all the details.  My companion stopped by a former investigator's.  As they started talking, it turns out that he has been going to the neighboring ward for almost the last year.  They casually asked him the questions in the baptismal interview and he's basically ready.  We just need to figure out how to get him to switch to our ward.  The main problem with him going to the neighboring ward is that that ward is in the neighboring stake, so he can't get baptized over there easily. We'll see how that one goes.  That will be the first guy that me and my trainee visit.

Thanks for everything! Have an awesome week!  If you haven't reread any of the conference talks recently, DO IT!  One of my favorites was the "4 minutes" talk.  Can't remember the real name.

Love you all!

Elder Christensen

PS Thanks to everyone for the letters from the Kerr family reunion!!


NOTES TO MOM:

President Villanueva's kids are super into tennis, so I hope we can play!

The last few days I've been feeling a lot better. Hopefully I keep going on the way up.

I got to see Raul this week! I was at the stake center when they were heading out for the youth conference (he was one of the leaders going). He told me that he and Rosy wanted to get sealed before I go home, but they feel like they should take the classes again to be a bit more prepared. So, they are looking at the end of this year, maybe into next year. :(  But I'll still be there!! They are doing awesome! He's still the Financial Clerk and a Ward Missionary. She's in the Primary Presidency, and the Elders have told me that she basically does everything. I'm not too worried about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment